Selling Green: How to Sell the “Green” Advantages of Quartz Countertops
It’s no secret that homeowners are increasingly choosing “green” materials for their homes. That includes countertops. Here are 5 ways to position quartz countertops as a preferable “green” material for customers (and position your business as a “greener” product supplier).
1. Quartz is nonporous and prevents the growth of surface mold and bacteria.
2. Quartz is mined from the earth, not in full slabs, but in particles, reducing material waste and destruction of natural landscape, and are mined and manufactured in the U.S., rather than overseas. This helps reduce shipping and associated carbon pollution.
3. Quartz is radon-free, emits low VOCs, and is Greenguard Certified to meet rigorous indoor air quality safety standards.
4. Quartz is the first choice of LEED-certified professional architectural designers for green countertops in homes.
5. Quartz manufacturers, such as Silestone and Caesarstone, maintain responsible water treatment and reuse in their product manufacturing, implement quarry restoration processes, and use recycled materials and nontoxic pigments in their products.